ObjectiveI'm currently seeking a User Experience Lead or Digital Product Manager role.
Senior Analyst Essentia Health
- Led the UX and strategy for a redesigned and consolidated intranet.
- Led the IT analysis for a consolidated public web presence.
- Designed and managed data integrity and workflow redesign projects.
- Facilitated successful software rollouts including end-user and client needs analysis, strategy development, software selection process, system configuration, data migration, data reporting, launch management, and ongoing end-user and client support.
- Worked with and supported physician quality, system quality, patient relations, credentialing, marketing, employee communications, supply chain, and finance.
Director of User Experience and Co-Founder Ancilla Partners
- Designed and developed data portals/extranets for regional non-profit healthcare quality collaboratives.
- Designed and developed websites to promote and facilitate health literacy, especially interpretation of healthcare quality data and comparative healthcare information.
- Consulted on IT strategy, user-centered design, and data reporting to clients on the forefront of healthcare quality improvement in the United States.
Product Designer and Co-Founder Forward Health Group
- Designed the user experience for Population Manager, a patient data visualization tool.
- Designed the original logo and contributed the initial product strategy and roadmap.
User Experience Manager GS Design
- Clients Included: Harley-Davidson, Buell, SRAM, Brunswick, Kalmbach Publishing, others.
- Led UX and strategy for SRAM.com and recommended early use of a "corporate" blog for extreme mountain bike racers to connect with fans.
- Led UX and roadmapping of H.O.G. (Harley Owners Group) member extranet 2.0.
- Led UX and strategy for Buell.com, including early spash pages, founder blog, and minimalist web design.
- Led UX of redesigned and consolidated Brunswick.com. Interviewed CEO, C-Suite, major stakeholders.
- Worked with Kalmbach Publishing on early digital magazine publishing and eCommerce projects.
- Designed the IA and product index/search for an early competitor to Oriental Trading Company.
Web Consultant EmilyPetrick.com
- Projects included: Intranet strategy for Rockwell Automation, new model year launch and online marketing for Buell motorcycles, and event data model analysis for Harley-Davidson.
Senior Information Architect marchFIRST - USWeb/CKS
- Clients included: Harley-Davidson, Miller Brewing, American Airlines, others.
- Projects included: Original consolidated web presence for Harley-Davidson.com, Harley-Davidson Ride Planner 1.0 and early use of GPS and web mapping tools, intranet for Miller Brewing Company, online refunds for American Airlines, recruiting website and student digital portfolio for Alverno college.
- Collaborated on effective ways to structure large web teams and helped to define roles such as Information Architect, Information Designer, Front-End Developer, Visual Designer, etc.
Web Developer Born Information Services
- Worked at an early web consultancy, doing development and design work.
Senior Documentation Specialist Johnson Controls
- Designed and built one of the first intranets in the U.S., which began as a migration of technical content to the web from CD-ROM, and grew to include information and functionality across the organization.
- Consulted on web technology throughout the company.
Multimedia Developer Almon, Inc.
- Designed and developed interactive learning modules and technnical documentation tools.
- Worked with early hypertext systems such as Microsoft Help, others.
- Managed QA for large CD-ROM releases.
- Became aware of web technologies and taught myself HTML.
Bachelor of Science (B.S.) in Economics, Math Emphasis UW-Madison
- Mathematics-focused Economics degree, requiring advanced math beyond calculus, and focused on computer modeling.
- Classically trained in computer science and took advanced coursework, although it was not my major; 1980s environment.
Conference Attendance and Training
An Event Apart
Volunteer DJ KUMD 103.3 FM | The Duluth Alternative
- Volunteer DJ for "The Women's Music Program" and "The House is Jamming."
Arts Contributor Duluth Homegrown Music Festival
Curator, Co-Founder 2104
- Founded an arts collaborative space in an historic Duluth home. Hosted community art and music events. Hosted local and touring musicians and artists. Participated in Duluth Art Institute (DAI) gallery hop.
Digital Media Manager, Co-Founder Shorewood SEED Foundation
- Founding member and former board member of the Shorewood SEED Foundation which, since it's inception in 2003, has raised over $2mil for students and teachers in Shorewood, Wisconsin, and currently raises over $250k annually. Was part of the original branding team, designed, built, and managed ShorewoodSeed.org, managed internal collaboration tools, and was a member of the grants committee.
References available upon request.
Skills and Tools
- Research and Analysis
- user interviews
- stakeholder interviews
- contextual inquiry
- card sorting
- current-state analysis
- use cases
- IT analysis
- business analysis
- pain point/success analysis
- future-state mapping
- position papers
- project and product roadmaps
- informational graphics
- IT strategy
- product strategy
- UX Design and IA
- site maps
- experience maps
- flow diagrams
- design systems
- Adobe Creative Suite
- paper prototypes
- lo-fi prototypes
- hi-fi prototypes
- prototype testing
- testing reports and summaries
- ASP .NET
- Ruby on Rails
- launch planning
- QA planning
- test planning
- issue tracking
- team leadership
- project management
- data analysis
- data conversions
- data interfaces
- database design
- data visualization
- Crystal Reports
- content strategy
- Movable Type
- Google Analytics
- Google AdWords
- Enterprise Healthcare IT
- Morrisey (MSOW)
- RL Solutions (RL6)
- software selection
- software administration
- end-user support